Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Donald Shell
Born: March 1, 1924
- American computer scientist.
- Created the Shell sort sorting algorithm.
- Managed the engineering department for General Electric's new Information Services Center which was the first commercial enterprise to link computers together using the client–server architecture. This architecture is the basic design for the Internet.
- Optimizing the Polyphase Sort (1971).
- On the Convergence of Infinite Exponentials (1962).
- The Share 709 System: A Cooperative Effort (1959).
- A Chebycheff Fitting Criterion (1958).