Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Edmund Melson Clarke, Jr.
Born: July 27, 1945
- Computer scientist and academic noted for developing model checking, a method for formally verifying hardware and software designs.
- The FORE Systems Professor of Computer Science at Carnegie Mellon University.
Honors and awards
- Winner of the Association for Computing Machinery A.M. Turing Award (2007).
- Winner of the of the ACM Paris Kanellakis Award (1999).
- Recipient of the IEEE Computer Society Harry H. Goode Memorial Award (2004).