Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Edward Fredkin
Born: January 1, 1934
Computer related contributions
- Inventor of the trie data structure, the Fredkin gate and the Billiard-Ball Computer Model for reversible computing.
- Involved in computer vision, chess, and other areas of Artificial Intelligence research.
- Works at the intersection of theoretical issues in the physics of computation and computational models of physics.
- Developed Salt, a model of computation based on fundamental conservation laws from physics.
Honors and awards
- Dickson Prize in Science (1984)