Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Emanuel Goldberg
Born: August 31, 1881, in Moscow
Death: September 13, 1970 (Age: 89)
- Chemist and physicist known for his contribution to a wide range of theoretical and practical advances relating to light and media and was the founding head of Zeiss Ikon, the famous photographic products company in Dresden, Germany.
- Invented microdots, the Kinamo movie camera, the Contax 35mm camera, a very early search engine, and equipment for sensitometry.
- The Densograph. British Journal of Photography 57 (26 Aug 1910): 649-51 (1910).
- Die Aufbau des photographisches Bildes (1922).
- A new process of micro-photography. British Journal of Photography 73 (1910).
- The retrieval problem in photography (1932).
Honors and awards
- Awarded the Israel Prize, in exact science (1968).