Name: Éric Chahi
Born: October 21, 1967, in Yerres, France
- Designed the computer game Another World, which revolutionized storytelling in video games.
- Composed his own low-level programming language to bring 20 fps cinematics to the Amiga and Atari ST computer systems.
- From Dust (2011).
- Amiga Classix 4 (2004).
- Heart of Darkness (1998).
- Another World (1991).
- Future Wars (1989).
- Joan of Arc: Siege and the Sword (1989).
- Journey to the Center of the Earth (1988).
- Danger Street (1987).
- Le Pacte (1986).
- Infernal Runner (1985).
- Doggy (1984).
- Le Sceptre D'Anubis (1984).
- Carnaval (1983).
- Frog (1983).
Honors and awards
- 2012 BAFTA Games Award (Nominated).
"No tools for polygons existed and I had to create the game system from scratch."
"I always tried to consider myself as a player who knew nothing about [the game]. I would ask myself what I would love to experience, and then as a creator what would surprise the player."
"The real media is the player's memory and imagination."