Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Eric Schmidt
Born: April 27, 1955, Washington, D.C., USA
- American software engineer and businessman.
- From 2001 to 2011, he served as the chief executive (CEO) of Google.
- Former member on the board of directors for Apple Inc. Co-authored the lex analysis software program for the Unix computer operating system along with Mike Lesk.
Honors and awards
- PC World ranked Schmidt as the first on the list of the 50 most important people on the web, along with Google Co-Founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin (2007).
- "Top Gun CEOs" by Brendan Wood International, an advisory agency (2009).
"The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had."