Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Gene Howard Golub
Born: February 29, 1932 in Chicago, Illinois USA
Death: November 16, 2007 (Age: 75)
Computer related contributions
- One of the renowned numerical analysts of his generation.
- Fletcher Jones Professor of Computer Science.
- President of the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM) from 1985 to 1987.
- Founding editor of both the SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing (SISC) and the SIAM Journal on Matrix Analysis and Applications (SIMAX).
- Recent Advances in Iterative Methods (2011)
- Matrix Computations, Johns Hopkins Studies in the Mathematical Sciences (1989)
- Studies in Numerical Analysis, Studies in Mathematics, Vol 24 (1985)
- Recent Advances in Numerical Analysis: Proceedings of a Symposium Conducted by the Mathematics Research Center (1978)
Honors and awards
- Foreign Member of the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences (1986)
- Awarded the B. Bolzano Gold Medal for Merits in the Field of Mathematical Sciences (1993)
- Listed as an ISI highly cited researcher