Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Grady Booch
Born: February 27, 1955
- One of the original authors of the Unified Modeling Language (UML) and was also one of the original developers of several of Rational's products.
- Recognized for his work in software engineering, software architecture, and collaborative development environments.
- He now is part of the IBM Thomas J. Watson Research Center serving as Chief Scientist for Software Engineering.
- Object-Oriented Analysis and Design with Applications (2007).
- The Unified Modeling Language User Guide, Second Edition (2005).
- The Unified Modeling Language Reference Manual (2004).
- The Complete UML Training Course (2000).
- The Unified Software Development Process (1999).
- Object Solutions: Managing the Object-Oriented Project (1995).
- Software Engineering with Ada (1983).
Honors and awards
- Recognized as an IEEE Fellow (2010).
- Named an IBM Fellow (2003).
- Inducted as a Fellow of the Association for Computing Machinery (1995).
"A fool with a tool is still a fool."