Guido van Rossum
Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Guido van Rossum
Born: January 31, 1956, in the Netherlands
- Dutch computer programmer who is best known as the author of the Python programming language.
- In the Python community, Van Rossum is known as a "Benevolent Dictator For Life" (BDFL), meaning that he continues to oversee the Python development process, making decisions where necessary.
- Worked for Google from 2005 to 2012 and now works for Dropbox.
- Recognized as a Distinguished Engineer by the Association for Computing Machinery (2006).
- NLUUG Award (2003).
- Award for the Advancement of Free Software (2001).