Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Harry H. Goode
Born: June 30, 1909 in New York City, USA
Death: October 30, 1960 (Age: 51)
Computer related contributions
- American statistician, mathematician, electrical and chemical engineer, professor, and author.
- Pioneer and leader in the field of system engineering.
- One of the first scientists to grasp the powers and abilities of computers.
- Helped create early systems projects including the Typhoon computer and Whirlwind computer at MIT.
- Part of the group that developed the Bomarc missile and he conceived and developed their Air Defense Integrated System Project.
- System Engineering; an Introduction to the Design of Large-Scale Systems (1957)
Honors and awards
- Member of the IRE, now the IEEE Computer Society
- Former chairman of the National Joint Computer Committee