Name: Sir Isaac Newton
Born: December 25, 1642, in Woolsthorpe, Lincolnshire, England
Death: March 20, 1726 (Age: 84)
- English mathematician and physicist.
- Known for Universal gravitation, Calculus, Newtonian mechanics, Principia Newton's method and Optics Binomial series.
- Built the first practical reflecting telescope.
- Mathematical Principles of Natural Philosophy (1687).
Honors and awards
- Second scientist to be knighted, after Sir Francis Bacon (1705).
- Fellow of the "College of the Holy and Undivided Trinity" (1667).
"To every action there is always opposed an equal reaction."
"To me there has never been a higher source of earthly honor or distinction than that connected with advances in science."