Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Jacob Ziv
Born: November 27, 1931, in Tiberias, British Mandate of Palestine
- Israeli computer scientist who, along with Abraham Lempel, developed the LZ family of lossless data compression algorithms.
- His research interests include data compression, information theory, and statistical communication theory.
Honors and awards
- Information and Communication Technologies Award of the BBVA Foundation Frontiers of Knowledge Awards (2008).
- Golden Jubilee Award from the IEEE Information Theory Society (1998).
- IEEE Richard W. Hamming Medal (1995).
- Awarded the Israel Prize, for exact sciences (1993).