Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Jan Aleksander Rajchman
Born: August 10, 1911 in London, England
Death: April 1, 1989 (Age: 78)
Computer related contributions
- American electrical Engineer and computer pioneer.
- Prolific inventor with 107 US patents.
- Conceived the first read-only memory, which was widely used in early computers.
- Developed the selectively addressable storage tube, the ill-fated Selectron tube, and the core memory.
Honors and awards
- IEEE Edison Medal (1974)
- IEEE Morris N. Liebmann Memorial Award (1960)