Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Jean-Maurice-Emile Baudot
Born: September 11, 1845 in Magneux, Haute-Marne, France
Death: March 28, 1903 (Age: 58)
Computer related contributions
- French telegraph engineer and communications pioneer.
- Invented the Baudot code in 1874 (first means of digital communication).
- Inventor of a multiplexed printing telegraph system.
Honors and awards
- Baud unit was named after him
- Knight of the Order of the Crown of Italy (1901)
- Officer of the Ordre national de la Legion d'honneur (1898)
- Knight's Cross of the Légion d'honneur (1879)
- Gold medal of the Exposition Universelle (1878)