Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: John Cocke
Born: May 30, 1925, in Charlotte, North Carolina
Death: July 16, 2002 (Age: 77)
- American computer scientist often referred to as "the father of RISC architecture."
- Known for his contribution to computer architecture and optimizing compiler design.
- One of the inventors of CYK algorithm (C for Cocke).
Honors and awards
- Benjamin Franklin Medal (2000).
- Seymour Cray Computer Science and Engineering Award (1999).
- Franklin Institute's Certificate of Merit (1996).
- National Medal of Science (1994).
- National Medal of Technology (1991).
- ACM Turing Award (1987).
- Eckert-Mauchly Award (1985).