Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: John Theurer Diebold
Born: June 8, 1926 in Weehawken, New Jersey, USA
Death: December 26, 2005 (Age: 79)
Computer related contributions
- Consultant, writer, and an early champion of widespread use of computing and automated technology.
- Considered ahead of his time, many of his ideas were widely implemented. In 1968, for instance, he championed automated teller machines (ATMs).
Honors and awards
- Automation: The advent of the Automatic Factory (1952)
- Beyond Automation: Managerial Problems of an Exploding Technology (1964)
- Man and the Computer: Technology as an Agent of Social Change (1969)
- Business Decisions and Technological Change (1970)
- Making the future work: Unleashing our powers of innovation for the decades ahead (1984)
- Managing Information: The Challenge and the Opportunity (1985)
- Transportation Infostructures: The Development of Intelligent Transportation Systems (1995)