Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: John E. Hopcroft
Born: October 7, 1939, in Seattle, Washington, USA
- American theoretical computer scientist.
- His textbooks on theory of computation (also known as the Cinderella book) and data structures are regarded as standards in their fields.
- Introduction to Automata Theory, Languages, and Computation (2001).
- Data Structures and Algorithms (1983).
- The Design and Analysis of Computer Algorithms (1974).
Honors and awards
- Turing Award (1986).
- Harry H. Goode Memorial Award (2005).
- IEEE John von Neumann Medal (2010).