Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: John Napier
Born: 1550 in Merchiston Tower in Edinburgh, Scotland
Death: April 4, 1617 (Age: 66-67)
- A Scottish landowner, mathematician, physicist, astronomer, and astrologer best known as the discoverer of logarithms.
- Made common the use of the decimal point in arithmetic and mathematics.
- He was also the inventor of "Napier's bones".
- A Plaine Discovery of the Whole Revelation of St. John (1593).
- Mirifici logarithmorum canonis constructio (1619).