Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Jonathan Paul (Jony) Ive
Born: February 27, 1967, in Chingford, London, UK
- "The iMan" English designer and the Senior Vice President of Industrial Design at Apple Inc.
- Provides leadership and direction for Human Interface (HI) software teams across the company.
- Lead designer of many of Apple's products, including the MacBook Pro, iMac, MacBook Air, iPod, iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, and iPad mini.
Honors and awards
- Appointed Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire (KBE) (2012).
- Listed as "World's Most Influential Designers" by Bloomberg BusinessWeek (2010).
- Rated the most influential Briton in the United States by The Daily Telegraph (2008).
- Named "Product Designer of the Year." by GQ Magazine (2007).
- Named one of Britain's most influential expatriates by Sunday Times (2005).
"There's no other product that changes function like the computer."