Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Joshua Lederberg
Born: May 23, 1935, in Montclair, New Jersey USA
Death: February 2, 2008 (Age: 73)
- American molecular biologist known for his work in microbial genetics, artificial intelligence, and the United States space program.
- In the 1960s, he collaborated with Edward Feigenbaum in Stanford's computer science department to develop DENDRAL (an influential pioneer project in artificial intelligence).
Honors and awards
- Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine (1959).
- National Medal of Science (1989).
- Presidential Medal of Freedom (2006).