Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Karlheinz Brandenburg
Born: June 20, 1954, in Erlangen, Germany
- Audio Engineer who contributed to the audio compression format MPEG Audio Layer 3, more commonly known as MP3. He is often considered the father of the .MP3.
Honors and awards
- IEEE Masaru Ibuka Consumer Electronics Award (2004).
- SPUTNIK Innovator Award (2004).
- Publications Award, Audio Engineering Society (2003).
- Consumer Electronics Society, IEEE: Engineering Excellence Award (2010).
- Fellow, Audio Engineering Society (AES) (1994).