Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: László Kalmár
Born: March 27, 1905
Death: August 2, 1976 (Age: 71)
- Hungarian mathematician and Professor at the University of Szeged.
- Considered the founder of mathematical logic and theoretical Computer Science in Hungary.
- Fields of interest in computer science included programming languages, automatic error correction, non-numerical applications of computers and the connection between computer science and mathematical logic.
Honors and awards
- Awarded the Kossuth Prize (1950).
- Elected to the Hungarian Academy of Sciences (1949).