Updated: 12/31/2020 by Computer Hope
Name: Lotfali Askar Zadeh
Born: February 4, 1921, in Baku, Azerbaijan SSR
Death: September 6, 2017 (Age: 96)
- Mathematician, electrical engineer, computer scientist, Artificial Intelligence researcher and professor emeritus of computer science at the University of California, Berkeley.
- Known as the Founder of fuzzy mathematics and his fuzzy set theory, and fuzzy logic.
- Published his seminal work on fuzzy sets in 1965, where he detailed the mathematics of fuzzy set theory.
- In 1973, he proposed his theory of fuzzy logic.
- Linear System Theory: The State Space Approach (2008).
- Forging New Frontiers: Fuzzy Pioneers II (2007).
- Computing with Words in Information/Intelligent Systems 1: Foundations (1999).