Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Lotfali Askar Zadeh
Born: February 4, 1921 in Baku, Azerbaijan SSR
Computer related contributions
- Mathematician, electrical engineer, computer scientist, Artificial Intelligence researcher and professor emeritus of computer science at the University of California, Berkeley.
- Known as the Founder of fuzzy mathematics and his fuzzy set theory, and fuzzy logic.
- Published his seminal work on fuzzy sets in 1965, in which he detailed the mathematics of fuzzy set theory. In 1973 he proposed his theory of fuzzy logic.
- Linear System Theory: The State Space Approach (2008)
- Forging New Frontiers: Fuzzy Pioneers II (2007)
- Computing with Words in Information/Intelligent Systems 1: Foundations (1999)
Honors and awards
- Induction into the IEEE Intelligent Systems' AI's Hall of Fame (2011)
- Benjamin Franklin Medal in Electrical Engineering from The Franklin Institute (2009)
- IEEE Medal of Honor (1995)
- IEEE Richard W. Hamming Medal (1992)