Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Louis N. Ridenour
Born: June 27, 1911, in Montclair, New Jersey, USA
Death: May 21, 1959 (Age: 47)
- American physicist instrumental in U.S. development of radar.
- Vice President of Lockheed, and an advisor to President Eisenhower.
- Led the development of airborne microwave radar nicknamed "Micky" which allowed bombing through clouds.
- Radar System Engineering (1947).
Honors and awards
- Theodore von Karman Award, by the Air Force Association (1960).