Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Manuel Blum
Born: April 26, 1938 in Caracas, Venezuela
Computer related contributions
- Computer scientist known for his contributions to the foundations of computational complexity theory and its application to cryptography and program checking.
- In the 60s he developed an axiomatic complexity theory which was independent of concrete machine models.
- His recent work has been on the focus of CAPTCHAs.
Honors and awards
- Elected to the United States National Academy of Sciences (2002)
- Received the Turing Award (1995)