Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Marc B. McDonald
- American software developer known for being Microsoft's first salaried employee.
- Designed and implementing the 8-bit File Allocation Table file system for the NCR 8200 data-entry terminal and Microsoft's Standalone Disk BASIC-80 (1977).
- Left Microsoft in 1984 because he thought the company had gotten "too big" (Microsoft was at around four hundred employees at that time).
- Asymetrix's first employee (helped design Lisp pcode system used internally and redesigned the ToolBook runtime and compiler for ToolBook 3.0).
- The Practical Guide to Defect Prevention (2007).