Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Mark Crispin
Born: July 19, 1956, in Poulsbo, Washington, USA
Death: December 28, 2012 (Age: 56)
- American Programmer.
- Known as the father of the IMAP, which he first introduced in 1986.
- Author or co-author of numerous RFCs (Request for Comments).
- Main author of UW IMAP, one of the reference implementations of the IMAP4rev1 protocol described in RFC 3501.
- Designed the mix mail storage format.
Honors and awards
- Alumni Award in Science and Technology (2013).