Name: Mark Cuban
Born: July 31, 1958, in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
- American businessman, entrepreneur, and investor.
- Owner of the NBA's Dallas Mavericks, Landmark Theatres, and Magnolia Pictures.
- Co-founder of Broadcast.com (sold to Yahoo! for $5.7 billion in Yahoo! stock in 1999).
- Holds the Guinness Book of World Records for the "largest single e-commerce transaction", for paying $40 million for a Gulfstream V jet in October 1999.
- Co-founder of AXS TV, the first high-definition satellite television network.
- How to Win at the Sport of Business: If I Can Do It, You Can Do It (2013).
- Tales from the Dallas Mavericks Locker Room: A Collection of the Greatest Mavs Stories Ever Told (2011).
Honors and awards
- D Magazine CEO of the Year (2011).
- NBA Championship, as owner of the Dallas Mavericks (2011).
- Kelley School of Business Alumni Award - Distinguished Entrepreneur 1998).
"Recessions are the best time to start a company. Companies fail. Others hold back capital. If you are willing to do the preparation and work, it is the best time to invest in yourself and start a business."