Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Max D Hopper
Born: November 4, 1934, in Lufkin, Texas USA
Death: January 25, 2010 (Age: 75)
- American IT manager, who served as the CIO of Bank of America, the SVP (IS) of American Airlines (AA) and the chairman of the Sabre group.
- Recognized as a 20th century technology pioneer and considered the "father of airline automation in travel agencies."
Honors and awards
- Leadership Award for Collaborative Innovation at the 2000 Computerworld Honors Program (2000).
- Named by CIO magazine among the decade's 12 most influential information system executives (1999).
- Inducted into the Infomart's Information Hall of Fame (1997).
- Computerworld recognized Hopper among the top 25 greatest contributions to the field of Information Systems (1992).
- Society for Information Management's Partners in Leadership award for his contribution to InterAAct (1991).