Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Morris Chang
Born: July 10, 1931 in Ningbo, Zhejiang province, China
Computer related contributions
- Founding Chairman of Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Ltd. (TSMC) in 1987. TSMC pioneered the "dedicated Silicon foundry" industry and is the largest silicon foundry in the world.
- Known as the father of Taiwan's chip industry.
- IEEE Medal of Honor (2011)
- EE Times Annual Creativity in Electronics Lifetime Achievement Award (2009)
- Semiconductor Industry Association's Robert N. Noyce Award (2008)
- Top 10 Most Influential Leaders of the World" by Electronic Business (2005)
- One of The Most Significant Contributors in the 50 years of Semiconductor Industry" by BancAmerica (1998)
"Without strategy, execution is aimless. Without execution, strategy is useless."