Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Nathan Myhrvold
Born: August 3, 1959, in Seattle, Washington, USA
Computer related contributions
- Former Chief Technology Officer at Microsoft where he founded Microsoft Research in 1991.
- Co-founder of Intellectual Ventures.
- Holds 17 U.S. patents assigned to Microsoft and has applied for more than 500 patents.
- Professional Chef and Author.
- Modernist Cuisine (2011).
Honors and awards
- Named to its list of top 100 global thinkers by Foreign Policy magazine (2010).
"The personality of Bill Gates determines the culture of Microsoft."