Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Neil James Alexander Sloane
Born: October 10, 1939 in Beaumaris, Wales
Computer related contributions
- British-U.S. mathematician who has major contributions are in the fields of combinatorics, error-correcting codes, and sphere packing.
- Known for being the creator and maintainer of the On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences (OEIS).
- Self-Dual Codes and Invariant Theory (2006)
- Orthogonal Arrays: Theory and Applications (1999)
- Sphere Packings, Lattices, and Groups (1998)
- The Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences (1995)
- A Handbook of Integer Sequences (1973)
Honors and awards
- Chauvenet Prize
- IEEE Richard W. Hamming Medal