Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Neil James Alexander Sloane
Born: October 10, 1939, in Beaumaris, Wales
- British-U.S. mathematician who has major contributions are in the fields of combinatorics, error-correcting codes, and sphere packing.
- Known for being the creator and maintainer of the On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences (OEIS).
- Self-Dual Codes and Invariant Theory (2006).
- Orthogonal Arrays: Theory and Applications (1999).
- Sphere Packings, Lattices, and Groups (1998).
- The Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences (1995).
- A Handbook of Integer Sequences (1973).
Honors and awards
- Chauvenet Prize.
- IEEE Richard W. Hamming Medal.