Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Norman H. Nie
Born: 1943 in St. Louis, Missouri, USA
- American social scientist, university professor, inventor, and pioneering technology entrepreneur.
- Developed Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS) to automate the process of data analysis for manipulating data files, transforming data, and creating statistics on a mainframe computer.
- In July 2009, IBM announcement its agreement to purchase SPSS for $1.2 billion.
- Participation and Political Equality (1978).
- The Changing American Voter (1976).
- Participation in America (1972).
Honors and awards
- Awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award (2006).
- Elected a fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences (2009).