Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Omer Reingold
- Computer Science Professor at Stanford.
- Former Principal Research Engineer at Samsung Research America (2015-2016).
- Former Principle Researcher at Microsoft Research (2009-2014).
- Faculty member of the Foundations of Computer Science Group at the Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel.
- Research is in Foundations of Computer Science, mainly in Computational Complexity and Foundations of Cryptography. Most research deals with Randomness, Derandomization, and Explicit Combinatorial Constructions.
- Known for his work in finding a deterministic logarithmic-space algorithm for ST-connectivity in undirected graphs.
- Theory of Cryptography (2009).
- Undirected connectivity in log-space (2008).
- Approximation, Randomization, and Combinatorial Optimization (2007).
Honors and awards
- Gödel Prize (2009).
- Grace Murray Hopper Award (2005).