Name: Paul Graham
Born: November 13, 1964, in Weymouth, Dorset, England
- British programmer, venture capitalist, and essayist.
- Known for his work on LISP (a family of computer programming languages).
- Co-founder of Viaweb, the first application service provider (ASP) (presently Yahoo! Store).
- Co-founder of the Y Combinator seed capital firm.
- Hackers & Painters (2004).
- ANSI Common LISP (1995).
- On LISP (1993).
Honors and awards
- Business Week 25 Most Influential People on the Web (2008).
"I get a lot of criticism for telling founders to focus first on making something great, instead of worrying about how to make money. And yet that is exactly what Google did. And Apple, for that matter. You'd think examples like that would be enough to convince people."