Name: Pete Cashmore
Born: September 18, 1985, in Banchory, Scotland
- Scottish entrepreneur and founder and CEO and founder of the news blog Mashable at age 19 (2005).
- Authors a weekly column on technology and social media at CNN.
Honors and awards
- Time magazine's list of the 100 most influential people (2012).
- Named most influential Briton and most influential Twitter user in the world by INQ (2009).
- Listed in Inc.'s "30 Under 30" (2009).
- Forbes' "Top 25 Web Celebs" (2009).
- "Top 10 Game Changers 2009" by The Huffington Post (2009).
"The talent that has to be learned is finding out what someone's passion is and setting them up to realize that. You don't get the best work from people if you're guiding them versus them guiding themselves."