Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Peter Naur
Born: October 25, 1928, in Frederiksberg, Denmark
- Danish pioneer in computer science and Turing award winner.
- He contributed to the creation of the ALGOL 60 programming language.
- His last name is the N in the BNF notation (Backus-Naur form), used in the description of the syntax for most programming languages.
- Knowing and the Mystique of Logic and Rules: including True Statements in.
- Knowing and Action (2010).
- Computing: A Human Activity (Anthology) (1991).
- Concise survey of computer methods (1974).
Honors and awards
- ACM A.M. Turing Award (2005).