Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Peter Naur
Born: October 25, 1928 in Frederiksberg, Denmark
Computer related contributions
- Danish pioneer in computer science and Turing award winner.
- He contributed to the creation of the ALGOL 60 programming language.
- His last name is the N in the BNF notation (Backus-Naur form), used in the description of the syntax for most programming languages.
- Knowing and the Mystique of Logic and Rules: including True Statements in
- Knowing and Action (2010)
- Computing: A Human Activity (Anthology) (1991)
- Concise survey of computer methods (1974)
Honors and awards
- ACM A.M. Turing Award (2005)