Name: Philo Taylor Farnsworth
Born: August 19, 1906 near Beaver, Utah, USA
Death: March 11, 1971 (Age: 64)
- American inventor and television pioneer.
- Inventor of the first electronic television.
- Invented the first fully functional all-electronic image pickup device (video camera tube), the "image dissector".
- Had over 300 United States and foreign patents.
Honors and awards
- In 1999, TIME magazine included Farnsworth in "The TIME 100: The Most Important People of the Century"
"There's nothing on it worthwhile, and we're not going to watch it in this household, and I don't want it in your intellectual diet."
(to his son, on television)