Updated: 12/20/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: René Descartes
Born: March 31, 1596, in La Haye en Touraine, Touraine, France
Death: February 11, 1650 (Age: 53)
- French philosopher, mathematician, and writer.
- Credited as the father of analytical geometry, the bridge between algebra and geometry, crucial to the discovery of infinitesimal calculus and analysis.
- One of the key figures in the Scientific Revolution and has been described as an example of genius.
- Dubbed the 'Father of Modern Philosophy'.
- Correspondence (1657).
- Musicae Compendium (1656).
- Les passions de l'âme (1649).
- Responsiones Renati Des Cartes (1648).