Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Robert Cecil Martin
- Often referred to as "Uncle Bob" is an American software consultant and author.
- Helped start the meeting of the group that created agile software development from extreme programming techniques.
- Noted member of the software craftsmanship movement.
- Founded Object Mentor Inc., a consulting firm that specializes in training clients in Java, C++, OOP, patterns, UML, extreme programming and agile methodologies.
- Editor-in-chief of the C++ Report (1996-1999).
- The Clean Coder: A Code of Conduct for Professional Programmers (2011).
- Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship (2008).
- Agile Software Development: Principles, Patterns, and Practices (2002).
- Designing Object-Oriented C++ Applications using the Booch Method (1995).
"Taking an interest in what others are thinking and doing is often a much more powerful form of encouragement than praise."