Name: Roberta (Heuer) Williams
Born: February 16, 1953
Computer related contributions
- American video game creator and designer.
- Co-founder/writer of Sierra On-Line (Sierra Entertainment).
- Best known for her work with Mystery House, the King's Quest series, and Phantasmagoria.
- Named as one of the most influential PC game designers of the 80's and 90's and has often been credited with creating the graphic adventure genre.
- Her first title was Mystery House (1980), often referred to as the first graphical adventure game.
Honors and awards
- Named 23rd position on the list of top game creators of all time by IGN (2009), IGN.
- Ranked number 10 on the list of the most influential people of all time in computer gaming for adventure game design by Computer Gaming World (1997).
- Listed number ten in Gamespots "most influential people in computer gaming of all time".
"I appreciate the sentiment that I am a popular woman in computer gaming circles; but I prefer being thought of as a computer game designer rather than a woman computer game designer. I don't put myself into gender mode when designing a game.