Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Ronald K Stamper
Born: 1934 in West Bridgford, United Kingdom
Computer related contributions
- British computer scientist who is known for his work in Organisational semiotics.
- Created the MEASUR methodology and the SEDITA framework.
- Worked to find a theoretical foundation for the design and use of computer based information systems.
- Written extensively about the nature of information resources.
- Coordination and Communication Using Signs: Studies in Organisational Semiotics (2002)
- Extending Semiotics for the Study of Information (1998)
- LEGOL: Modelling legal rules by computer (1980)
- Information in business and administrative systems (1973)
"Meanings express personal views of reality. When there is a firmly established consensus, and only then, we can pretend that meanings are independent of people."