Updated: 11/16/2019 by Computer Hope
Name: Ross Ihaka
Born: 1954 in Waiuku in the Auckland Region of New Zealand
- Associate Professor of statistics at the University of Auckland.
- One of the creators of the R programming language.
- How a Computational Specialist Contributes to the Deployment of Statistical Methodology (2011).
- Literate programming with and for R [Computer software] (2011).
- R: Lessons Learned, Directions for the Future (2010).
Honors and awards
- Royal Society of New Zealand's Pickering Medal (2008).