Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Rudolf Hell
Born: December 19, 1901 in Eggmühl, Germany
Death: March 11, 2002 (Age: 101)
Computer related contributions
- German electrical engineering and inventor.
- Invented an apparatus called the Hellschreiber, an early forerunner to the fax machine.
- Designed electronically controlled engraving of printing plate machines.
- Created an electronic photo typesetting system called digiset.
Honors and awards
- Eduard Rhein Ring of Honor (1992)
- Knight Commander's Cross of the Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany Award
- City of Mainz Gutenberg Prize