Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Savvas Chamberlain
Born: Unknown in Cyprus
- Inventor, scientist, professor, and entrepreneur.
- Invented silicon image sensors.
- Discovered new technology on Charge-coupled devices (CCDs) devices and MOSFET.
- Researched the field of semiconductor devices and integrated circuits for over 25 years.
- Founded DALSA Corporation (1980).
- CEO of EXEL Research Inc.
- Published more than 150 papers in scientific journals in the area of CCDs and semiconductor devices.
Honors and awards
- Awarded Member of the Order of Canada (2009).
- Fellow of The Canadian Academy of Engineering (2008).
- Ontario Premier's Catalyst award for innovation (2007).
- Awarded a distinguished professor Emeritus of the University of Waterloo (1999).