Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Semen Nikolaevich Korsakov
Born: January 14, 1787, in Kherson, Ukraine
Death: December 1, 1853 (Age: 65)
- Russian government official, homeopath, and inventor.
- Known for his early involvement in information technology.
- First to use punch cards for information storage.
- Fascinated with the possibility of using machinery to "enhance natural intelligence."
- Invented several devices which he called "machines for the comparison of ideas", including linear homeoscope with (and without) movable parts, flat homeoscope, the ideoscope and the simple comparator.