Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Sergio Verdu
Born: August 15, 1958, in Barcelona, Spain
- Professor of Electrical Engineering at Princeton University.
- Teaches and conducts research on Information Theory.
- Research interests are in Information Theory, Data Compression and Transmission.
- Universal Estimation of Information Measures for Analog Sources (2009).
- Multiantenna Channels: Capacity Coding and Signal Processing (2003).
- Information Theory: 50 Years of Discovery (1999).
- Multiuser Detection (1998).
Honors and awards
- IEEE Richard W. Hamming Medal (2008).
- Claude E. Shannon Award from the IEEE Information Theory Society (2007).
- Member of the National Academy of Engineering (2007).
- Doctorate Honoris Causa from the Polytechnic University of Catalonia (2005).
- IEEE Third Millennium Medal (2000).
- Frederick Emmons Terman Award from the American Society for Engineering Education (2000).
- IEEE Fellow (1993).