Name: Sky Dayton
Born: August 8, 1971, in New York City, New York, USA
- American entrepreneur, founder of EarthLink, co-founder of eCompanies and founder and chairman of Boingo.
- Led the creation of a partnership with Steve Jobs at Apple that saw EarthLink become the default ISP preloaded on the iMac, and later led to a $200M investment by Apple in the company.
- Education in the Internet Age Speech at Hillsdale College (2003) published in Imprimis.
- When Capital Corrupts Forbes (2002).
- Lighting the Way EarthLink bLink Magazine (2001).
Honors and awards
- Named to the MIT Technology Review TR100 as one of the top 100 innovators in the world under the age of 35 (1999).
- Chosen as Entrepreneur of the Year by the Lloyd Greif Center at the University of Southern California's Marshall School of Business.
"I owned a couple of coffeehouses in L.A., and I had a computer-graphics company that I co-owned. And I heard about this thing called the Internet. I thought, that sounds kind of interesting. The first thing I did is I actually picked up the phone and dialed 411, and I said, I'd like the number for the Internet, please. And the operator is like, What? I said, just search any company with the word Internet in the name. Blank. Nothing. I thought, Wow, this is interesting. What is this thing anyway?"