Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Steve Mann
Born: 1962 in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
- Researcher and inventor who is known for his work on computational photography, wearable computing and high dynamic range imaging.
- Often referred to as the "father of wearable computing" and "the world's first cyborg".
- International Journal of Human-Computer Interaction (2003).
- Cyborg: Digital Destiny and Human Possibility in the Age of the Wearable Computer (2001).
- Advanced Palm Programming: Developing Real-World Applications.
Honors and awards
- Inducted into the McMaster University Alumni Hall of Fame, Alumni Gallery (2004).
- Recipient of the Leonardo Award for Excellence (2004).
- General Chair of the IEEE International Symposium on Technology and Society.
- Associate Editor of IEEE Technology and Society.
"What I argue is that if I'm going to be held accountable for my actions that I should be allowed to record my actions. Especially if somebody else is keeping a record of my actions."