Name: T. Capers Jones
Born: Unknown in St Petersburg, Florida, USA
- American software engineer, computer programmer, entrepreneur, and author.
- Specialist in software engineering methodologies.
- Known for software project estimation.
- Collects data on software quality, software risks, and software best practices.
- Distinguished Advisor to the Consortium for IT Software Quality (CISQ).
- The Economics of Software Quality (2011).
- Estimating Software Costs (2007).
- Software Assessments, Benchmarks, and Best Practices (2000).
- Programming Productivity (1986).
"High-quality software is not expensive. High-quality software is faster and cheaper to build and maintain than low-quality software, from initial development all the way through total cost of ownership."